My Wonderful Womens Club

Everyday a piece of me is missing.
The heart is heavy and I just am not listening.
Getting back into the new norm.
Harder to do when all you wanna do is morn.
In this the day of the wonderful womens club.
Already knew a few way before their time and could never sub.
Big MaMa Linda, My Grandmothers Lady Ruth and Charity, and my Bestie Nancy.
Amazing how a little love, honesty, and communication kept it all real and not so fancy.
Each carved a piece of them into who I am and what I will be.
They are all always there in the back of my head making me see.
What's right, what's wrong.
Filling my heart with always a song.
How I would give just about anything to hear them say my name one more time.
Cuz I always knew whether good or bad in that moment, I was owned and it was all mine.
Without them the world is deafening quiet while standing there on my own two feet.
Something about all that, that should be so bitter sweet.
Though, even in their own words they said someday they would not be here.
Bitter Sweet that their words in their voices saying that are still my ear.
Hard to live up to that kind of greatness
They gave it all and even in forsakenness
Also Bitter Sweet is having all of them say, "Well Honey? Just do your best. It is all your gonna do!"
I get that now more than anything and I say, "Yes," to that in this life of ?LoveMe? Loving all of you.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Twisted Mind

Your Eyes

Your Words